Key Account Manager - Toys/Consumer Products/POP Culture experience REF 240
Our client is a leading distributor and retail operator specialising in collectibles with an international fan base, as well as lifestyle products. They hold hundreds of licences for franchises and are the exclusive distributor for global brands in MENA. On their behalf we are recruiting an English-speaking Key Account Manager with a UAE driving licence and own car.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 3-5 years’ experience in a Sales or Account Management role, preferably for a toys/consumer product company selling direct to large, regional retailers.
• Knowledge of collectible/toy industry and customer trends
• A breadth of knowledge of POP culture
• In-depth understanding of key retailers and a demonstrated track record in the preferred toy market or a related field.
• Highly organised and efficient time management skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite in specific Excel and Power Point
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to influence and lead others effectively.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, demonstrated through successful collaborations with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and efficient time management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while maintaining attention to details.
- Able to move quickly and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Account Management and development
- Ongoing management of external relationships across assigned accounts
- Define retail strategy to support commercial development with retail partners.
- Identify opportunities to introduce and grow new categories.
- Analyze market trends and retailer needs for the development and performance of sales activities.
- Establish sales targets, designing and implementing sales strategies to meet the targets and mapping the accounts to identify new opportunities.
- Develop joint business plans with objectives covering (Sell in, Sell Out, Growth, branding, visibility, Promotions and Exclusive activities).
- Ability to present business plans, review, new launches to key decision makers.
- Strong commercial skills in negotiating investments and margins
- Work in conjunction with Finance, to follow up on payments and collections.
- Ensure timely listing of new product arrivals and releases.
- Have right level of stocks from each category across different stores based on their potential.
- Negotiate product location and visibility for each category.
- Implement permanent branding across key stores.
- Share proposed replenishments on time with key accounts based on the weekly/monthly sell out.
- Confirm all orders are delivered on time to all stores.