Logistics Manager with 5 years UAE experience, knowledge of Cross Trade and Warehousing Regulations REF 227
On behalf of our successful client we are recruiting a Logistics Manager, with minimum 5 years experience in UAE
Prerequisites for the Position of the Logistics Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree. Having a Master’s degree in supply chain management, transportation, economics, business administration, project management or a similar field will be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of proven working experience as Logistics Manager in the related field (logistics) with an experience in the Trading company industry.
- Experience in managing teams and their KPIs.
- Experience in analyzing metrics and data-driven decision making.
- Proven ability to design and execute a supply chain strategy.
- Proven ability to consistently deliver on KPIs.
- Technical and applied understanding of logistics software and warehouse management systems.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office (word, powerpoint, excel etc.)
- Multitasking capabilities.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations for cross trade is a must.
- Working knowledge on regulations on warehousing for duty paid and duty exempted goods as regulations and procedures for transfer of goods from each warehouse.
- Ability to resolve any arising problems or complaints.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Logistics Department’s functions while reporting to the Head of Projects, Logistics, QC & Purchase.
He will guide his below team members having the following responsibility:
- Logistics Coordinator – responsible for preparing daily documents required for customer deliveries / incoming goods (Demand Orders, Delivery Notes, Packing Lists, Invoices, Bill of Exits, DE (Duty Exempted) documents, COO (Chambers of Commerce), Customs Applications.
- Logistics and Purchase Coordinator – (Scope related to Logistics) – Communicate status updates for deliveries, special brands, Coordinate loading and documentation with Agents (imports) and entering the same in SAP Erp.
Objectives of the Logistics Manager:
- Overseeing the operations of Warehousing
- Overall seeing the drivers deliveries schedules to ensure the deliveries are scheduled at optimal level.
- Negotiating transportation quotes.
- Selection of Freight Agents and reviewing of freight price lists
- Conduct optimization projects (small deliveries, DE and PD alternatives)
- Follow DE and DP costs.
- Arbitrate between service level, costs and prioritizing when required.
The following will be the responsibilities of the Logistics Manager:
- Strategic Planning:
- strategic logistics planning usually involves setting supply chain KPIs for productivity, speed and order accuracy, analyzing data collected over time and implementing process improvements in the Logistics Department.
- Preparing logistics operations for expected challenges (such as spikes in seasonal demand), and for building a resilient supply chain that is strong and stable to withstand unforeseen challenges.
- Inventory and Warehouse Management:
- Ensure that inventory levels are satisfactory and that SKUs are organized and easily accessible.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the standard are maintained in warehousing and fulfillment procedures such as receiving, picking and packing for speed and efficiency.
- Relationship Management:
Externally – The Logistics Manager will require a well maintained business relationships with freight forwarders, carriers and agents to ensure a strong and mutual beneficial partnership that will result in cost – savings.
He will be required to meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
The Logistics Manager is also responsible for keeping a logistics network on-budget. This almost always entails continuously optimizing operations and finding effective ways to both reduce spend and enhance the customer experience.