Technical Support Manager, must be licensed Structural Engineer (Pre-sales, Pre-qualifications)Dubai REF 222
Responsibilities include providing support in Pre-sales via pre-qualifications, technical inquiries, structural calculations and communicating directly with customers, if needed.
Responsible for standardizing technical submittals and compliance statements, and providing technical reviews and documents for projects and new models produced locally.
• Preparing compliance statements and pre-qualifications
• Answering technical inquiries and liaison with Head office in US
• Proposing models if beyond the scope of Sales expertise
• Communication with customer directly if needed via emails, phone or meetings.
• Providing technical documents related to products.
• Good communication with Sales department to keep them informed.
• Meeting with Consultants to support Sales in products specifications.
• Provide structural calculations and/or review of structural calculations.
- Providing technical reviews of new models including new extrusion die approvals.
- Coordinating with US office for approval of alternative materials.
- Coordinating with US office for approval of new local dies.
- Provide technical documents for new models.
- Occasionally taking on other tasks, as needed and requested by the Company
- Engineering Degree
- Licensed structural engineer
- Strong computing and numeric skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical role
- Experience working with customers and operations.
- Ability to perform the schedules and deadlines with minimum supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Comprehensive and planned task-follow up
- Proven ability to work effectively with people
- Ability to learn quickly within the job
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to deal with ever-changing tasks
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Good listener
- Ability to relay information to others in a pleasant and peaceful manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet people’s needs
- Good verbal communication skills
- Respectful at all times, even under high-pressure and frustrating situations