Senior Accountant, Shared Service Centre or strong leadership skills, IFRS/USGAAP/JSOX REF 185
On behalf of our very reputable global client, we are recruiting an SSC Senior Accountant
Background and experience:
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance, and five years of experience in the accounting area, plus some knowledge of related finance activities.
• professional qualification ACCA, CMA, CA, CPA or similar
• Expert in the computerized systems used to support the organization’s accounting and finance operations.
• Communication skills, verbal and written, are essential.
• Expert knowledge of accounting principles and company procedures.
• Strong capability with computerized accounting systems.
• Thorough understanding of the company's business and markets.
• Extensive knowledge of company's business plans and financial goals.
• Can demonstrate strong leadership skills or previous experience in an SSC Senior role
Excellent salary plus education fees allowance where applicable
Coordinate and record the detailed activities involved in the reporting of financial results. This position may also control the administration of computerized accounting systems.
Day to day Control and management of the SSC daily activities including managing accountants in the local team when and as needed.
- Preparation and oversight of administration and commercial documents (customer invoicing, vendor payments)
- Effectively use the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare, Manage and control of financial/operational intra-group communications.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with USGAAP and IFRS
- Product line review and reporting to operations
- Maintain Compliance with internal control policy & practice.
- Responsible for Department training, appraisals and payroll approvals.
- Support the Business Unit Financial Analyst in preparation of a wide variety of financial and business analyses for financial and general management. Support must include assessments, observations, recommendations, and summaries to assist management in taking appropriate actions and decision making.
- Direction, coordination and consolidation of actual results in line with defined monthly schedule and supporting the Financial Analyst in detailing the actual results.
NATURE OF THE JOB
- Prepare applicable accounting journal entries monthly.
- Coordinate data entry to computerized systems and run all reports as required, includes updating files, posting and running financial statements.
- Provide required data to intradepartmental units for their financial reporting.
- Record and control intracompany and international transactions including detailed reconciliations and cash payments.
- Calculates intercompany charge monthly and redistributes to other domestic operations as required.
- Complete bank reconciliations for several large volume accounts, including subsequent interface to Payroll or Accounts Payable to resolve problems.
- Has primary responsibility for preparation of various reports required by company procedures or federal regulations.
- Responsible for preparation of all monthly Financial and Management Accounts for use by local management in conformity with USGAAP and/or IFRS
- Ensuring balances in general ledger are accurate and are supported by data and/or analysis including review of data prepared by accountants.
- Maintain / Reconcile Inter-company Balances with other related party entities.
- Responsible for maintaining financial controls that adhere to both corporate and JSOX guidelines.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly results and assist in deviation explanations.
- Responsible for financial and data analysis assistance as required by Business Unit Manager of s Designee.
- Principal activities are collecting, analyzing, developing, assessing, presenting, and recommending results of the analyses to financial and general management.
SPECIFIC JOB COMPETENCIES
- Working on Project accounting and supporting finance manager in the UK
- Supports the day to day running of the SSC accounting department(s) ensuring adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures, responsible for department training and appraisal.
- Assign and schedule responsibilities and objectives to subordinates, review progress, appraise performance, provide guidance and maintain time schedules.
- Ensure the accurate, consistent, and timely recording and reporting of financial data of the Business Unit in accordance with local and corporate required schedules.
- Ensure compliance of Business Unit accounting activities to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the input of all source data into the computerized accounting system including the recognition of accruals and prepayments to ensure a proper month end cut off.
- Reconciling balances in the general ledger to ensure accuracy of data and to analyze accruals and reserves.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of control systems to safeguard Business Unit assets and to effectively monitor operations.
- Ensure Segregation of Responsibility & adherence to Work Instructions
- Ensure accurate backlog & financial support of the WIP / Production meetings
- Inform Finance Manager of all significant financial matters as they arise.
- Interpret and report information so that action may be taken to enhance operating results.
- Direct, train and encourage the growth of staff to achieve accounting and clerical functions necessary to the BU ( as needed ).
- Responsible of accurate and timely internal & customer billing
- Oversee month end closing
- Review & Approval of monthly account reconciliations
- Physical Inventory (Stock & WIP)
- Ensure weekly bookings, sales and backlog is updated and accurate.
- Ensure GAAP (US GAAP and IFRS) revenue recognition and accurate cost
- Review of the cash flow.
- Support Credit & Collections and recommend adequate reserves
- Review credit control through the Corporate Credit Department.
- Manage and maintain internal and external financial controls as per corporate policy, including adherence to JSOX.
- Undertake special assignments and projects as directed by the Accounting Manager and Finance Managers
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
- Direct report to GS operations
- Dotted Line to local entity finance managers
- Group contacts in all departments including HR, Payroll, Corporate Accounting.
- Other Global Service Entities: Financial Manager - Financial Analysts - Field Service Accounting Manager, -GS Human Resources
- External Auditors, Vendors, Customers.