Accountant, IFRS and SOX, Abu Dhabi based for reputable MNC REF 159
Our client is a global company operating in the field of design, manufacture, and servicing of engineering machinery. They require an experienced qualified Accountant with Middle East experience within a large corporate organisation, preferably in the engineering, manufacturing, or oil and gas sectors.
NATURE OF THE JOB
This is a position for an experienced accountant who can handle the tasks independently, to meet strict reporting deadlines.
Compile and analyze financial data to prepare journal entries to the Accounting ERP system.
Support the monthly and yearly close process
BACKGROUND and EXPERIENCE
Certified specialist for finance and accounting, project, and cost-accounting skill
SOX and IFRS knowledge/experience
Knowledge of computer-based accounting systems.
Advanced user of MS Office
Oracle knowledge an advantage
Capable to work independently with minimal supervision
Capable of working to strict reporting deadlines
Salary range 12,000 to 15,000 plus school fees allowance
- Ensuring all AP invoices are booked on time.
- AR, project accounting and other ad-hoc tasks as required by the entity finance manager as and when required.
- Ensuring all jobs are recognized in line with corporate accounting policies
- Ensuring all revenue for the month is fully reconciled in a timely manner (as per the finance closing schedule) with all related costs linked to each job and presented as part of month end close to the entity Finance Manager.
- Ensuring all WIP costs for the month is fully reconciled in a timely manner (as per the finance closing schedule)
- Calculating accruals where cost has incurred but invoices not received, and booking of entries for cost over PO values
- Ensuring all accounting entries booked are accurate, complete and adhere to the accounting principles and company policies
- Liaising with other corporate Entities to ensure correct intercompany revenues, costs and accruals are booked between entities
- Supporting finance shared service centre team and covering other roles when required
- Ensuring preparation of tax schedules for VAT submission
- To complete the BS reconciliations accurately as per the deadline
- Revenue and associated costs are reported in the accounting records in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the company recognition policies
CONTACT WITH OTHERS
Close working relationship with supervisor, team members, local entity Finance Managers,
Purchasing, Project Managers and other Global Service operational departments