Commercial Manager – Mineral and Metal Trade, Dubai, UAE REF 142
Our Client, a successful Mineral Commodities supplier is looking for a Commercial Manager to take responsibility for leading a team and driving all aspects of their commercial operations.
• 4+ years of experience in senior positions in commodity trade.
• Experience and strong understanding of commodity trading in metal / minerals is a MUST.
• Knowledge of trading products such as iron ore fine, lump, pellet, DRI, HBI, pig Iron, billets, copper concentrate, copper cathode and etc. and willing to learn.
• Fluent English both in writing and speaking. Arabic, Hindi and Mandarin is an asset.
• Excellent Knowledge of international trade law, letter of credit process, vessel chartering and trade contracts preparation, with full understanding of
contractual legal terms including incoterms and UCP600.
• Solid and widespread established network in the industry with senior counterparties (producers, buyers, traders, etc.).
Excellent benefits and perks
- Demonstrated strong competency of interpersonal skills, purchase and sales negotiations, team leadership, talent development, business acumen, relationship building, prioritization and conflict management.
- Master’s degree or MBA is an asset.
- Demonstrated strategic and operational leadership with teams in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated analytical capability to make data-driven recommendations, analyze performance, and build budgets and business cases.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify the complex and effectively interface with executive, operational and financial teams.
- You have implemented changes and delivered positive results from those changes.
- Willing to do whatever it takes to support the team to achieve objectives.
- Ability for expansion and creation of new business of coke, coal business and non-ferrous raw materials.
- Sizeable track record of executed and profitable trades both worldwide and within the region.
- Expertise in global commodity markets and their drivers.
- Continuously identify, build business cases for, and lead implementation of initiatives to improve our commercial organization and client experience.
- Manage and continuously improve the commercial operations, processes, and tools to ensure an exceptional turnover.
- Designing need-based business plans / strategies for maximizing profitability & revenue generation for various commodities.
- Lead the commercial team while ensuring ROI, profitability and meeting the KPIs.
- Formulating budgets and taking measures to ensure optimum utilisation of funds for accomplishment of organisational objectives.
- Analysing market trends / requirements and accordingly chalking out measures for countering competition.
- Participate and contribute to the strategic initiative’s creation, analysis and roll out at company level.
- Determine the long-term staffing model given the organization’s strategic goals.
- Foster a culture of innovation & learning, accountability, and ownership by mentoring people and individual contributors that are highly engaged.
- Implement new business strategies and initiatives to help the Company diversify and generate new revenue streams through commercial team.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Client Relationship Management.
- Willingness to travel and work with other professionals.
- Development and maintenance of long-term relationships with all suppliers, customers and traders.
- Contribute to the development and formulation of the domestic and international marketing & sales strategy for the company.
- Market, customer and competitor analysis.
- Maintain and develop Customer and Agents relationships to enhance the products position in the market and support the Company’s reputation and values.
- Monitor product quality and ensure appropriate product sampling and testing protocols are in place.
- Lead the international sourcing process and find new suppliers and partners and foster relationships with them and Interface with production and localized purchase team to ensure availability of stock and the correct grade of product required by the annual Sales plan.
- Interface with and co-ordinate the efforts of relevant internal resources and external service providers to ensure availability & deployment of inland logistics, port stocks and storage.
- Manage, at operational level, the activities of the sales team to ensure the optimal execution of the marketing & sales strategy.
- Prepare and negotiate offers and contracts for new and existing business and update the contractual T&Cs on an ongoing basis with input from appropriate specialists.
- Opportunity to join a growing and fast-paced trading company.
- Chance to make a difference at a management level.
- Work with top regional and international manufacturer and supplier companies at C-level.
- Make wonderful friends and become part of the diverse and inclusive corporate family
- Work with a team of incredibly talented and forward-thinking people who value hard work and know-how to celebrate the wins – No matter small or big
- Amazing benefits & perks
Who we are:
We are a global trader in mineral and metal commodities. We deliver high quality products at reasonable international market prices. Our products are used by many mills in the region as of today. We are committed to ensure our clients have the best possible experience with us.
We come from diverse and varied cultural and religious backgrounds. Our diversity is our asset, and our unity and teamwork are our strengths. We make every effort to ensure the values (Fairness, Integrity, Service, and Humility) drive our behaviors at all levels. We are looking for people to join efforts with us and help us become better every day.
We are a growing and a thriving company and those who join us in this journey, grow with us.
If this is what you are looking for, this is the place for you. Look no further!