Operations Manager - Leisure or Adventure Industry experience REF 114
Our client is a successful and expanding company in the Leisure/Adventure Industry.
Reporting to the CEO/MD you will oversee all staff, budgets, and operations of the local business unit. Operations Manager responsibilities include formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our people develop and be productive, while ensuring our profits are on the rise.
Ultimately, the Operations Manager will help the company to grow and thrive.
You will hold a Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field; Master's degree is a plus and have proven experience as an Operations Manager, General Manager, or similar executive role within the leisure or adventure industry or a comparable business or field.
Required language: English
Salary scale: AED20 - 25,000 + ticket, medical
- Experience in project planning and delivery.
- Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.).
- Strong analytical ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Extroverted and experienced in dealing with clients under pressure.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Skilled in analytical problem solving.
- Excellent time management.
- Crisis planning and management.
- Adaptable to new environment.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
Assignments and Responsibilities
- Completely responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company and its team.
- Design strategy and set goals for growth, optimizing process to maximize profitability.
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance.
- Set policies and processes and communicate all operating policies/processes to the staff
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing standards and procedures relevant to best practice and our specific industry.
- Responsible for the crisis management within the company.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally, providing platforms for training and growth.
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees.
- Oversee the employee assessment process.
- Prepare regular reports for upper management.
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors).
- Perform additional duties along with the current role, as and when requested by the Management.