Product Manager - Outdoor Furniture & Lifestyle Products REF 104
Product responsibilities: Outdoor furniture, lighting and urban landscaping products.
Lead the development of outdoor living and lighting product portfolio by identifying potential market opportunities; conducting market research; generating product specification requirements; identifying target suppliers; gathering product data; developing plans for product launches; setting retail pricing; assisting with marketing strategies and supporting the sales teams.
1. Strong understanding of outdoor furniture products would be a significant advantage.
2. Excellent commercial acumen and market analysis capabilities.
3. Strong understanding of supply chain and factory production processes.
4. Flexibility to travel worldwide, interculturally sensitive and open minded.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Very comfortable using reports, presentations and other analytic tools.
- Determine customer needs by conducting market research and liaising with the Sales and Specification teams. Assess competition by comparing the company's products to competitors' products.
- Recommend future product lines by reviewing product specifications; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining the marketing objectives. Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Facilitate the development of sales tools and collateral. Sign off all technical data sheets.
- Assess market data by calling on customers with external salespeople. Brief and train the sales force at regular intervals.
- Support the wider product development group to bring new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements; establishing time schedules; performing product demonstrations and presentations to customers and specifiers.
- Determine retail pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs and anticipating sales volumes.
- Collaborate closely with the Sourcing, Quality and Technical teams to ensure product specifications, standards and target costs are clearly defined. Visit factories to understand production capabilities and facilitate product sample reviews and agree production expectations.
- Negotiate and communicate with manufacturers to secure the final product selection at appropriate commercial terms.
- Introduce a product lifecycle management approach to proactively address product performance and feed relevant actions back into the product development cycle to maintain sales and margin expectations.
Highly customer and sales focused.
Positive, high energy , passionate and highly adaptable.
Ability to multi-task and break down complex problems into manageable elements.
Results focused, ambitious and highly organised.
Calm under pressure and naturally suited to a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
UAE Driving License required