Business Development/Specifications Manager -Chemical Sports Surfaces and Finishes REF 77
Open to Candidates with Middle East experience who are currently in the UAE
Our Client is a respected market leader within the sports and leisure infrastructure sector.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree in engineering/marketing.
• Experience in dealing with end users, architects, consultants, contractors etc.
• Good contacts in relevant government institutions, private and public sector real
• Experience of developed a targeted plan to focus on key segments -
healthcare, education, hospitality, urban communities etc.
• Managed the process from specification to installation.
• Shown leadership in previous roles.
• Excellent communication skills. Knowledge of Arabic an advantage.
• Must have prior U.A.E. work experience and possess a valid U.A.E. driving
Salary AED 15 to 20k plus performance bonus
business and you must have excellent commercial experience, building services or
construction experience within a specifications capacity.
The incumbent will be responsible for getting companies products specified with
consultants, landscape architects, contractors and end users and generating enquiries
for new projects. The success of this role will be measured by the increase in volume of
specifications and orders placed via the network involved. An understanding of the
dynamics of the market and a proactive engagement to develop relationships with
Architects, Interior Designers, Spec Writers, Developers, Construction Managers and
General Contractors is key to achieving desired outcome of this role.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
• Generate specifications in the company’s portfolio of products and manage the
specifications through the contractor and end user channels.
• Identify and visit regularly all Consultants involved with design and specifications
on a national basis, profile each to identify key influencers, principals and
specification writers with whom relationships must be established.
• Present the benefits of specifying company’s products.
• Build strong personal relationships with individuals in Key Accounts.
• Influence and build key connections at a senior level.
• Develop an individual specification strategy for each specifier.
• Work closely with internal support functions to translate the benefit of
specifications to orders for the company. Review pipeline of specifications with each member.